We took a trip to Santa Fe that was really meant to be about relaxing. I hadn't finished chemo yet, but I had a break between sessions and wanted to get one more trip in before surgery in the fall.
And relax we did.
We spent 10 days wandering around Santa Fe and the surrounding area, with plenty of time built in to slow down. There were spring-fed pools, jeep tours, museums, food, and a lot of just enjoying being somewhere different. We actually loved the first jeep tour so much that we booked a second one.
One of my favorite things we did was make our own silver pendant. I also really enjoyed the spring-fed pools, which were exactly the kind of low-key activity I needed at the time.
There were a few geocaches along the way too. We found Blue Hole, book case, and Perfect Stop. None of them were really the reason for a stop. They were just nice little additions to the trip and gave us an excuse to explore a bit more along the way.
This was one of those trips where the destination and the downtime were the point. The geocaches just happened to fit nicely into it. A little sightseeing, a little caching, a lot of relaxing, and a pretty great silver pendant to bring home.




No comments:
Post a Comment